Arctur and partners are developing mobile health APP in the Interreg project ISE-EMH
Italian-Slovenian ecosystem for electronic and mobile health (ISE-EMH) is funded by the Program of Interreg cooperation V-A Italy-Slovenia, Priority Axis 1: Promoting innovation capacities for a more competitive area, through the European Regional Development Fund. Arctur is the lead partner and coordinates work among 5 other project partners.
The project was designed to improve and expand the mobile e-health ecosystem, which has been built within the cohesion EcoSMART project. The electronic and mobile health ecosystem will be extended using Italian expertise in the medical and Information and communications technology (ICT) fields, using cross-border knowledge transfer. An improved EMH ecosystem will allow cooperation between different stakeholders in the Italian and Slovenian regions:
- The industry will gain access to innovative solutions developed within the academic world that can link them directly with academic partners.
- Academia could validate and capitalizing on advanced research in production environments.
- Patients will be given access to always accessible, innovative health services and applications.
- Hospitals will allow ICT connecting them to their patients and giving them access to patient data in a safe and easily accessible way.
- The elderly who live on their own will be provided with home care through remote assistance.
- Healthcare providers and developers will offer innovative solutions as well as a direct connection with end-users.
The focus areas to be explored and integrated into the ISE-EMH ecosystem are oncology, dermatology and remote care for the elderly.
6 partners collaborate in the project:
- Arctur, Institut “Jožef Stefan” and Robotina from Slovenia
- Polo Tecnologico di Pordenone SCPA, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico materno infantile Burlo Garofolo di Trieste and Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia from Italy.
The project started on 1st March this year and will last 24 months.